Friday, January 21, 2011

Card Patterns Sketch 98

This is my second post today and it will be a quick one before I head out for the rest of the day.  I am sharing a card I made for two challenges - Sketch Challenge #98 on the Card Patterns blog and this week's Color Spotlight Challenge on StampTV (stvcsp9).

Here is the Card Patterns sketch:


Here are the Color Spotlight challenge colors:


And finally, here is my card:


I started with a base card of Turquoise Sea and added a layer of Layering Weight White.  The two patterned paper panels are from Webster's Pages Home For The Holidays/Winter's Wings Petite Papers pack.  I created a simple sentiment tag from Heavy Base Weight White with one of the Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio 2 and stamped the sentiment from the Gina K. Designs set, Arranged With Love (by Melanie Muenchinger), with Vivid Aqua.  I added some chocolate satin ribbon, chocolate pearls and a beautiful layered flower that I got from Pixie Petals Etsy store.  I added a little brown satin embellishment (Offray) to the flower center and that was it.

Have a wonderful weekend!  See you tomorrow for this week's Just Us Girls Challenge!Photobucket



3 comments:

  1. Wow Carla! You certainly aced this sketch! Love the turquoise and dp!!! Gorgeous bloom!!! I did have a great birthday and still celebrating! :) Name the day... I'm there! :)
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful take on the sketch Carla, love that beautiful flower and how you have sued the ribbon tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo pretty...that bloom is such a great way to top of your card! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla