Monday, January 24, 2011

Mojo Monday 175

Happy Monday! I had a busy weekend and I'm getting here late today, too, but I wanted to share a card I made for this week's Mojo Monday Sketch 175.  As soon as I saw this sketch, I knew I wanted to play along. 
Here is this week's sketch:

And here is my take on the sketch:


I decided to use the colors from last week's Color Challenge on Paper Craft Planet (pcpcolor88, week3) which were light blue and gray.  I started with a base of SU Soft Sky and layered with papers from the Basic Grey Cappella 6x6 pad.  My sentiment is from the Gina K. Designs set, Arranged With Love, and it was stamped with Tim Holtz Peeled Paint Distress Ink and heat embossed with clear EP.  I added some soft blue suede ribbon that I got from Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  I finished it with a stick pin made from the SU Pretties Kit and lots of ivory pearls and flourishes.

Thanks for stopping by tonight!  Have a great evening!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Carla! So very elegant. Love all of the added pearl accents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Carla. Think I will try it in neutral colors to make a male card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO lovely! The DP is gorgeous and the hat pin and pearls are perfect embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful!!! the colors are very soft

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla