Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Play Date Cafe #71 - Color Splash

Good morning! I'm stopping in quick to show you the card I made for last week's challenge over at The Play Date Cafe (PDCC71).  It was Color Splash week - use only black and white a a "splash" of ONE additional color (player's choice this time).


I also wanted to submit my card to the Outlawz Color Challenge (CC0301) which was to use black and white and coral, plus add pearls.  This was the inspiration photo:


And here is my card:


I used coral as my splash of color so I could play in both challenges  My card base is GKD Black Onyx and I added a narrow mat of SU Cameo Coral.  The patterned paper is a free digi download from Jak Heath.  The bottom panel is embossed with the Cuttlebug Window Panes embossing folder. I added Queen & Co. pearls to each diamond.  The images are all from Gina K. Designs Fine Furnishings and Fine Furnishings Additions.  The chaise is stamped with Versamark and embossed with White EP, then cut out and popped up.  I stamped the accessories with Cameo Coral onto Layering Weight White and popped them up, too.

Thanks for dropping by my blog!  Have a great day!
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Very elegant! Love the added pearls to your embossed panel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Carla.... this is so chic! Perfect for both challenges! I love it!!! See you Sat! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. another beauty!!! Love all the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo pretty, Carla! The coral looks so cool with the b&w!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely Carla :) love the way you combined your patterned paper and pearls, and your colour splash is beautiful! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so elegant.. LOVE the color combo you chose.. Your paper is so pretty.. This is awesome.. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the way your embossed panel and the pearls mimic a tufted cushion! Just perfect for that little couch image! Thanks so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla your card is so beautiful and elegant!! I love the embossed panel, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Carla, you knocked this one out of the park. It is drop dead CAS and gorgeous. THanks for playing with us at the Play DAte CAfe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla, this is absolutely stunning! Love everything about it. THanks for playing with us at the CAfe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo la la, very elegant, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla