Saturday, July 16, 2011

Card Patterns Sketch #124

Hi there!  Hope you are having a great weekend so far!  It's going to be busy, busy, busy for me!  Before heading out, I am popping in quickly to share the card I made for Card Patterns Sketch #124

Here is this week's sketch:



Here is my card using the sketch:


I flipped the sketch to vertical.  My card is also for this week's Mo's DP2 Challenge which was to use black and white and one additional contrasting color.  I started with a tall card base of Basic Black and layered with graphic patterned paper from Recollections.  My Mo's image is Party Girl.  I colored her with Copics then highlighted her jewelry and shoes with Burgundy Stickles.  I covered the wine glass with Glossy Accents.  Some ribbon and a few pearls finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to check out the fantastic samples from the rest of the Card Patterns Design Team!  Have a great weekend!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch, Carla. Such a graphic cool look!!!! Excellent colors too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla!! I LOVE this! Black & white & red are da bomb!! And what a fabulous design to showcase this beautifully colored image!! So happy to see you again this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the Harlequin pattern you've used...gives the card a very clean, contemporary look! Great ribbon, too! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One sassy card...love the colors! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, talk about perfect papers for the Black & White challenge with one other color, well, these papers fit the bill 100%. Love everthing about this card. So glad you joined in on the fun this week at Mo's. Good luck with the GD call.

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. I love the paper you chose for this challenge. It is perfect. I hope this week is going to be smooth sailing for you. I know it must be daunting and hope you are settled soon.. Thank you so much for the Bunches card..Your coloring is superb.. I will miss you bunches.. Hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll toast to this GORGEOUS card and your fabulous color skills, use of composition, sparkly festooning and EVERYTHING about this fun, fun card! Yee Haw!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla