Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday At Heartfelt Creations

Good morning!  I'm having a few internet issues this morning, but they seem to be resolved, at least for now.  It's Wednesday and of course, that means it's time for the Heartfelt Creations Design Team to share new projects with you.  My teammates have shared some absolutely gorgeous creations over on the Heartfelt Creations blog.  Be sure to check them out!  I'm sure you will be totally inspired by their creative designs!

Here is one of my projects that was shared today:


All of the instructions for creating this card are on the Heartfelt Creations blog.  Briefly, I started with a 5 1/2" square card base of SU Bravo Burgundy and layered with patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Christmas 6x6 pad.  I cut a 4 1/2" square of GKD Heavy Base Weight Ivory.  I patted the Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder with Encore Metallic Gold ink then embossed the top portion of my square in the Cuttlebug.  I stamped the sentiment from HCPC 3419 Holiday Poinsettia Candle set with Versamark onto the bottom, unembossed section and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  On a separate piece of ivory cardstock, I stamped the dove from HCPC 3421 Dove of Peace set with Versamark and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.  The dove was cut out with HCD715 Christmas Cheer Die. I adhered the dove to Bravo Burgundy cardstock and then cut a narrow mat using scissors.  I sponged all the ivory cardstock with Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress Ink.  A double-loop pink satin bow finished my card. 

My card is also for the current challenge (Card Challenge #2) over on Joan's Gardens' blog which was to make a Christmas card, use an embossed background (created with the embossing folder inked), use striped patterned paper and add a gold-embossed sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a wonderful day!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Carla, I love your card. The embossing adds so much and everything about it is just gorgeous!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our Weekly Card Challenge. It certainly is good to see you back!

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur card is gorgeous!! love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card Carla, so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, This is beautiful. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Carla your card is over the top gorgeous! I'm drooling on my keyboard!!! LOVE the image, the great embossing, the dp... everything is perfect!!! Hope all is going well down there!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, this is just absolutely beautiful! I love the embossing, the inks and the papers you used.
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, Carla -- I love the dove of peace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thie ia so elegant.... I just love your style with cards!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card Carla. The gold embossed dove is so elegant over the inked embossing folder background. Gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this week in the challenge at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful. You are way ahead of me on Christmas cards. I need to get going. Your embossing is so pretty. Maybe we could meet at Betty's and you could show me how to emboss. Don't I wish. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla