Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mo's DP2 Challenge #104 - Inspired by A Song

Good morning!  Happy Thursday to you!  Hope you've had a great week so far!  I've got lots to do today, but before I dive into it, I wanted to pop in and share the card I made for this week's Mo's DP2 Challenge.  Elaine is our hostess again this week and the theme was to create a project "inspired by a song".

Here is my song-inspired creation:


The song I was inspired by is David Bowie's "China Girl".  I chose this adorable Mo's image called Fan's Cricket.  She can be found in Mo's store here.  I printed her onto Cryogen White and colored her with Copics.  I added some Stickles here and there.  The patterned paper is from the DCWV Mariposa stack.  I thought it had a bit of an Asian feel to it and I love the sparkle on it.  A triple-loop red silk bow and a little airbrushed flower from Mike's finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a fantastic day!
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. WOW! This is awesome card! Love it! Olena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, this is just precious! I love the colors and the way the DP ties into the image. Love that ribbon flower, too! Always happy to see your work in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable. Love the coloring of your image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning as always Carla, and great choice of image with a great song...Thanks for joining us once again... I so look forward to seeing your work every week

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Carla...this is the sweetest ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, she is awesome. So sweet and such a beautiful card you made. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, I don't know the song but love the image and your coloring is always perfect. Love the dp and embellishments. Always a pleasure to see your creations. Thanks for playing the Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your song choice and the image is just ideal for it. Lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOh I love that song!! Not many people seem to know of it, so it was kinda cool that you thought of it. Wonderful card, Carla! Thanks so much for playing with us at Mo’s. We really appreciate your support and inspiration.
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'm gonna have the opening tink tink tink tink jingle in my head all day now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are dating your self with David Bowie. I used to swoon over him. This is adorable Carla. I love the paper you used. You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla