Thursday, October 4, 2012

Style is Eternal

Good morning!  Happy Thursday!  Sorry I've been MIA this week.  I've had some family issues to deal with and haven't had much time in the craft room or on the computer.  But I'm here now to share my first post as a full member of the Little Miss Muffet DT!  I am so thrilled that they asked me to stay on after being a GD for September!  We have a new challenge for you this week!  The theme is "simplicity".  All of you who know me know I love to pile on the layers and use lots of patterned papers on my creations, so this theme really was a challenge for me!

Here is my card:


I started with an A6 card base of GKD Heavy Base Weight White and added a half-panel of patterned paper from the Kaisercraft Chapter One 6.5 x 6.5 pad matted with GKD Black Onyx.  My elegant image is Evelyn from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.  I printed her on Make it Colour Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I added Lime Green and Aqua Stickles to her accessories to make them sparkle and shimmer.  I matted the image with a Spellbinders Floral Oval diecut. The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  It is part of the Retail Therapy set in Paulette's store here.  I couldn't help myself from adding a seam binding bow and a few iridescent gems from my stash to finish up my "simple" design.

Here is a close-up of Evelyn:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the new challenge on the Little Miss Muffet Challenge blog and check out the gorgeous creations from my amazingly-talented teammates and our awesome Guest Designer for October, Paula-Kay!  We hope you'll play along with the challenge!  And don't forget, if you use a Little Miss Muffet stamp, you can do "anything goes"!  You have until Tuesday, October 16 to enter your creation.

My card is also for the following challenges: Simon Says Stamp (glimmer and sparkle), Crafts and Me Challenge #104 (add a sentiment to front of card) and Totally Stampalicious Challenge (anything goes).

Have a great day and see you again soon!
Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. Carla, I am so sorry you have had "issues", but I hope everything is A-OK now. Love your new DT card! (I think I said congrats on this, but if not, congrats on your new appointment!) This is pretty CAS for you--LOL! Love it! Such a cool card--love the image and coloring, the sentiment, the die cut, the paper, colors, and bow--ah, gee, I love it all! ;^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Carla,I love those colours!!!
    Hope your okay !!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, I love everythin about this! The image is colored to perfection and I love the papers you chose. And the oval die is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, congratulations Carla! IMO Little Miss Muffet are lucky to have you on the team :) Hope all is well on the family front now. Love this card...great job with the simplicity theme.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many congrats on the well deserved DT spot Carla! This card is just lovely, even without your wonderful papers that you love so much :) Fabulous colouring and such an elegant feel with that CAS layout.
    I do hope your situation improves for all concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elegant card, Carla. I love how you made "simple" look so fabulous. I'm the new Guest designer with you this month. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Such lovely colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And, does she have style! Love the awesome colors om this card, Carla. Of course, the coloring is outstanding. It's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is absolutely STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Carla - how stunning! My favorite colors too :D Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sweetie loving this beautiful creation, lush colours hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your first DT post! I'm so excited for you, you will do so amazing there. :D Wow, this card is just wow, I love your cards, but when you do simple you seriously knock it out of the park. I still strive to color like you, just too amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Carla - I truly hope that everyone and everything is ok now. Will definitely keep you in my prayers! This is just amazing -I'm blown away with the gorgeous coloring, design and fabulous hints of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!!!! She is so stylish and elegant - just like your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Carla, this is so beautiful! Love your coloring and love the combination with that striped paper. Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carla, this is such a beautiful card. I absolutely LOVE it. Hope things settle down next week. X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carla, your beautifully colored Evelyn looks fabulous on this simple and very elegant-looking card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps' digi team's "My Sentiments Exactly!" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carla, stunning, beautifully colored and fabulous image and design. Thanks for your lovely visit and sweet luv. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Zelda Fitzgerald I am sure. Very well designed! You certainly captured the mood of this sultry lady!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card. So glad you are back in your craftroom and happy to hear your Mom is better even though she has a way to go. She is in my prayers. Your coloring on this image is fantastic and so is the card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW, awesome card, Carla. I love how you off-centered your image and added a sentiment to the frame. Darling image and beautifully colored. Gorgeous color combo and so simple.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Hon...hope u got ur issues sorted out... Your posts were missed. I always wonder how you manage to post so often.... If I make one card my scrap space is a mess and it takes me days to get it cleaned up- so its almost Always messy! LOL

    Love ur card and the coloring as always is amazing

    Look after urself
    Hugz
    Mwah
    Shamela

    ReplyDelete
  23. OOOh Carla, I love this! It's just gorgeous! It really shows how beautiful simple can be!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely Carla! She's in high style and beautiful to boot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Brilliant image,so beautifully coloured. Lovely card, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so stunning Carla, I love the gorgeous coloring on Evelyn, she is super classy. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on your new full time gig! They're lucky to have you.

    Evelyn is beautifully colored, as always.

    Wonderful color combo and great paper choices.

    That bow is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous, love the blue and green together, so refreshing and your colouring is outstanding.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla